MANNA ABC 10 km – RACE INFO
BSI reserves the right to change the route, program, and the date of the event.
Are you not ready for a half marathon yet, but you want to experience the atmosphere of Hungary’s Nr. 1 half marathon race?! No problem, choose our brand new distance, the MANNA ABC 10 KM, and run 10 km.
Running at a 10 km race can be a good motivation to prepare for a first half marathon. The location of the start and finish is the same as the Half Marathons’, the route is a bit shorter, but it is a flat and fast track with a wonderful panorama of Budapest city.
|DATE: 12:00 p.m., August 29, 2021|
|DISTANCE: 10 km|
|LOCATION OF THE START/FINISH: Pázmány Péter sétány, Budapest, 1117 – in front of the Eötvös Lóránd University (ELTE) Lágymányosi Campus|
COURSE SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Will be uploaded soon…
|Deadlines||Standard entry fee||Student entry fee*|
|Manna ABC 10 km –|
|Until February 15, 2021||21 €||15 €|
|Until May 10, 2021||23 €||16 €|
|Until June 21, 2021||26 €||18 €|
|Until July 12, 2021||28 €||20 €|
|Until August 09, 2021||31 €||22 €|
|Until August 24, 2021||33 €||23 €|
|On the spot||45 €|
* For students with a valid International Student Identity Card (ISIC). The card has to be valid on the day of the race and must be shown upon start number pick-up. Discount does not apply for on-site registration. Click here for acceptable ISIC cards.
Wheelchair and handbike entrants can only register in advance, no later than Sept 1, 2020.
Only the first 1,200 registrations are accepted.
- Registration for these races will be stopped once the limit has been reached and entry fees paid after this point will be credited to your account.
- Registration fees cannot be reimbursed. The credit on your account can be used for our upcoming events until Dec 31, 2021.
For more information on cancellation, click here.
BSI reserves the right to introduce an entry limit at any time prior to the race.
The registration fee includes:
- participation in the race
- BIB number
- a unique technical T-shirt with the race logo
- with a size scale of S-XXL for women
- with a size scale of XS-XXL for men
- a unique finisher’s medal for finishers
- refreshment points along the course
- Wizz Air 20 EUR value voucher
- finisher’s goodie bag
- medical service
- course closed to traffic
- chip timing
- other programs before and after the race
- 21.26% VAT
Online registration (in advance):
Register online at entry.budapestmarathon.com until 23:59 on August 29, 2021 (if the limit has not been reached for the race).
Click here for prices and further details.
After successful payment, please send your request for the invoice via email, when the registration has been closed. The invoice will be sent to you via email in .pdf format.
If the limit has not been reached, registration is also possible on-site at the race center on race day.
Please note that there is no on-site registration for wheelchair and handbike racers!
- Opening hours of the Race Center:
- It will be announced later
For students with a valid International Student Identity Card (ISIC). The card has to be valid on the day of the race and must be shown upon start number pick-up. Discount does not apply for on-site registration. Click here for acceptable ISIC cards.
For entries submitted by July 12, the first name will be automatically displayed on the bib below the bib number. If the runner does not want to display a name on his/her bib number, it must be indicated:
– in case of online registration, please enter the following text “I DO NOT REQUIRE A NAME ON THE BIB” in the caption that will appear on the bib.
– in case of registration in-person, please enter the following text “I DO NOT REQUIRE A NAME ON THE BIB” on the entry form.
It is possible to place a nickname on the bib instead of the first name, but with nicknames up to only 12 characters.
This request must be indicated when submitting the entry, as the first name will be added automatically only. We are unable to display image characters or emojis. Below the bib number, space will be left for later entrants to write their names on.
Click here to see the start list of the runners registered already.
- Please wear your race number on the front and make sure that it is clearly visible at all times and don’t fold it! Make sure you put your race number on your T-shirt properly with the safety pins which can be found in your race packet and also on the registration tables. Improper wear might result in a 10-minute time penalty.
- Participation in the event is open to any properly trained runner or wheelchair racer who has agreed to the standard terms and conditions.
- Participants with a wheelchair or handbike can start from the beginning of the field if they complete the distance on their own. They can start 1 minute before the field led by motorbike drivers. Leaving the field will be possible only from a point on the course that will be determined later.
- When you use earphones, you are unable to hear noises from outside, so you might obstruct a runner who is trying to pass you or race marshals or members of the medical team. It is not recommended to use it in both ears.
- Among the runners, there will be race organizers on bikes and motorbikes, and also ambulances if needed.
- Participants are not permitted to roller-skate, bike, run without a race number, or run with a dog. Those attempting to run accompanied by someone on a bicycle or on roller-skates can be disqualified.
- Arrive on time. We recommend you to arrive at the Race Center at least 1.5-2 hours before the start
- Any commercial or promotional activity should be permitted by BSI in advance, in a manner determined by BSI.
- BSI reserves the right to limit the number of participants and close registration at any time.
- BSI reserves the right to change the route, the program, and the date of the event.
RACE DAY INFORMATION
Pázmány Péter sétány, Budapest, 1117 – in front of the Eötvös Lóránd University (ELTE) Lágymányosi Campus
ARRIVE ON TIME – We recommend you to arrive at the Race Center at least 1.5-2 hours before the start
- From Kelenföld Railway Station: take the metro line M4 in the direction of Keleti Railway Station. Get off at Móricz Zsigmond körtér (the 3rd stop from Kelenföld). Then take the tram 6 to Petőfi híd budai hídfő (2 stops). From here, walk through Pázmány Péter sétány, and you will reach the Race Center in 600 m.
- From Keleti Railway Station: take the metro line M4 in the direction of Kelenföld Railway Station. Get off at Móricz Zsigmond körtér (the sixth stop from Keleti). Then take the tram 6 to Petőfi híd budai hídfő (2 stops). From here, walk through Pázmány Péter sétány, and you will reach the Race Center in 600 m.
- From Nyugati Railway Station: take the tram 4 or tram 6 to Petőfi híd budai hídfő (10 stops) in the direction of Újbuda-Központ (in case of tram 4) or in the direction of Móricz Zsigmond körtér (in the case of tram 6). Get off at Petőfi híd budai hídfő and walk through Pázmány Péter sétány, and you will reach the Race Center in 600 m.
ARRIVE BY BIKE.
Supervised bicycle storage will be operating on race day.
- Pay parking in the parking lot of Kopaszi gát
- Race center is only 800 m away from the parking lot
- Free parking is available in the parking lot of Lurdy Ház
- The race center can be approached by Tram 1 or replacement bus. Get off at “Info Park” (2 stops), then go straight ahead 500 m to reach the race center.
- Pay parking in the parking lot of Kopaszi gát
- PLEASE ABIDE BY THE PARKING RULES
- Do not park in locations that are not permitted
The Race Center will be located in the ‘North Building’ of Eötvös Lóránd University (ELTE) Lágymányosi Campus.
Address: Pázmány Péter sétátny. 1/A, H-1117 Budapest
You can pick-up your bib number in the opening hours of the Race Center:
- It will be announcet later
You must have your registration confirmation with you to pick up your bib, either printed or the email on your phone. To collect the bib of another runner you must show his/her registration confirmation email. Stand at any table that frees up.
For men: changing rooms will be available in the building ‘ELTE Lágymányosi Campus – Déli tömb’ before and after the race. The entrance is from the side closer to the Danube.
For women: changing rooms will be available in the same building ‘ELTE Lágymányosi Campus – Déli tömb’ before and after the race, but the entrance is from the side farther to the Danube.
Luggage storage tents will be available behind the building ‘ELTE Lágymányosi Campus – Déli tömb’, on the grass area.
Tear the baggage tag off the bib number and attach it to your bag ensuring it is firmly in place and will not drop off. Please deposit your bag in the tent that corresponds to your bib number – you will not need the staff to take your luggage from you, you can put it there. After the race, you will be able to pick up your luggage from the staff according to your bib number.
- Baggage drop-off: between 9:30-11:30
- Baggage pick-up: between 12:30-13:45
Attention! We don’t guard valuables in the luggage storage!
Supervised bicycle storage will be operating on site, near the changing rooms/tents.
Find toilets in the changing rooms located in the building ‘ELTE Lágymányosi Campus – Déli tömb’.
There will be portable toilets and urinals near the changing rooms, in the start/finish area and on the course at all refreshment and relay exchange stations.
Please fill in the emergency section on the back of your bib. Do not forget to mention if you have taken any medication before the race!
- During the race, medical services are available in the medical area beside the finish line.
- If you see someone collapsing along the course please notify the race organizers posted at each kilometer sign or at the refreshment stations.
- At the back of each bib, you can find the phone number of the medical team.
In order to avoid overcrowding, runners will be started in 3 waves according to the planned pace the runners have given during registration and which is also indicated with a sticker on the bib number. Runners must start from the starting zone that’s indicated on their bib number.
The Starting Zones will be opened 20 minutes before the start and closed 5 minutes before. Afterward, runners have to start from the back of the field.
- 1st wave:
- 1st time zone: pace under 4:30 min/km (10K under 45 min)
- 2nd time zone: pace between 4:30 and 5:00 min/km (10K between 45 min and 50 min)
- 3rd time zone: pace between 5:00 and 5:30 min/km (10K between 50 min and 55 min)
- 2nd wave:
- 4th time zone: pace between 5:30 and 6:00 min/km (10K between 55 min and 1 hour)
- 3rd wave:
- 5th zone: pace more than 6:00 min/km (10K under more than 1 hour)
How to get to your starting zone:
Time zone 1, 2, 3: from the main entrance of the building ‘ELTE Lágymányosi Campus – “Északi tömb”
Time zone 4, 5: from Petőfi bridge
- At the beginning of the field, there will be Race organizers standing and will lead the field to the start line.
- Waves will be started in 1-1.5 minutes once they are led to the start line
Will be updated soon..
Kilometers achieved: Each kilometer is marked on the route with a sign placed 2 meters high. This will allow you to check your pace to complete the distance at the pace you have planned and prepared for.
If you think you won’t be able to run at a predetermined speed, several pace runners aiming for different goal times and paces can help you realize your goals.
We choose all of our pace runners very carefully, all of them are experienced runners and they are able to surpass their own interests and do everything for the runners who are following them and trust them. They think instead of the runners, check the time regularly and encourage others.
Look for them in the starting zones. You can always spot them from afar by the beach flags on their back (with their goal race pace and goal finish time). Find the pace that best suits you:
10K planned finish times:
- 50 minutes
- 1 hour
- 1 hour and 10 minutes
- We cannot provide individual refreshment.
3,4 km – Near Döbrentei tér – water
7,3 km – At Ybl Miklós tér, next to the Várkert Palace – water, BioTechUSA IsoTonic drink
7:30 min/km pace according to the start time of the last runner.
A sweep bus follows the runners at a 7:30 min/km pace. If you are passed by the sweep bus, you have to get on the bus, your bib number will be crossed and you are not allowed to enter the finish area.
The UHF chip will be located at the back of your bib number.
Consequently, it is essential that you wear your own bib correctly: well visibly on your chest without folding it.
Failure to do so may result in a 10-minute time penalty.
Bib number rules
Time measurement is done with the help of timing mats (antennas) placed on the ground, that detects the transmitter placed in the bib number from a distance of about 2-3 meters. Time-stamping occurs at a strong signal only (when passing over the carpet).
For a successful time measurement, please abide by the following rules:
- The bib number must be worn visibly throughout the race, around the abdomen/chest. Bib number holding belt is allowed and recommended!
- The bib number must not be hidden or folded.
- The chip on the back of the bib number should not be removed, folded, or punctured with the safety pin.
- Make sure to wear your own bib number during the race.
- Once arriving at the finish line, please leave the measuring point as soon as possible.
- Prizes will be issued to the top 3 male and female individuals.
- The results are announced based on the order of arrival at the finish line (gross time). The result list on the website (based on net time) may include a different ranking.
- 1st-3rd placed wheelchair and handbike male and female riders will get a material gift
AFTER RACE INFORMATION
A list of results will be published online in real-time and will be updated as runners cross the finish line.
Runners who do not have time at one of the checkpoints along the course will not be given a rank.
Those who received a 10-minute penalty will be marked with an asterisk.
Order your medal insert engraved with your name and your result!
By doing this you can skip the long queues and you don’t have to bother with cash. Buy it online and after the event, we will send you the medal insert engraved with your name and time that fits neatly into the back of your finisher medal.
We will engrave your name and time on a small stick-on metal card and send it to your postal address. When you get it you can easily stick it onto the back of your medal and your personalized medal is ready!
The medal insert can be ordered prior to the race online at the entry.budapestmarathon.com website.
The personal medal insert can only be ordered for those with an individual result.
PRICE: (+shipping and handling to a foreign address): 10 €.
Deadline: September 12, 2021
Thanks to Laufenn, High-resolution photos taken along the course can be downloaded for FREE from https://bsi.futofoto.hu/
WE WISH YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME!
Wanna know how does it feel to participate in such an event? Click to watch our official highlight movie of last year’s event 👇