34th Wizz Air Budapest Half Marathon 2019 – Frequently Asked Questions
– Yes, every participant will get a medal upon completion of the race (except for Fun Run).
– Yes, the course is certified by the AIMS.
-Yes, technical T-shirt for 21 km and for relay runners
-There will be refreshment stations along the course, making sure that you acquire the necessary amount of liquid during the race. The first and last stations will provide water while all other stations will offer banana, lemon, glucose, isodrink and water. All stations will be supplying water to wet your sponge.
– Yes, you can deposit your belongings in a special deposit zone before the race near the start/finish and have them back after the finish. There is only a changing room at the relay points, not a cloackroom.
-The time is measured by a chip.
– Kilometer markers will be posted along the course
-Yes. There is a Halfmarathon relay for 2 or 3.
– Yes you can pick it up on the spot.
– The time limit is 2 hours and 45 minutes.
A sweep bus follows the runners at a 7:38-7:56 min/km pace. If you are passed by the sweep bus, you have to get on the bus, your race number will be crossed and you are not allowed to enter the finish area.
The easiest and cheapest option is to use the public transport. Budapest has a good network of buses, trams and railways (incl. Subway). If you stay up to 3 days in Budapest we recommend that you buy a 3-day city ticket – it is good for all trams, buses, subway and railways within the Budapest city area.
-Look for the Customer Service Points of BKK Centre for Budapest Transport at Liszt Ferenc International Airport’s Terminal 2A (daily 8:00-22:00) and Terminal 2B (daily 9:00-21:00)!
– For further information please visit this page: http://www.bkk.hu/en/prices/
-8th of September 2019
– We accept entries from runners who were born before 8 September 2007 (12 years old or older) for half marathon.
– You can pay with your credit card (Visa, Eurocard, MasterCard), when you register on-line. This is the cheapest way.
– Registration with bank transfer (Possible only if the online registration is not working. It is more expensive however, you have to pay extra 7€ banking fee.)
– A medical certificate isn’t necessary.
– You will find individual pictures of the race on the http://runinbudapest.com/ or on the http://www.bsi.futofoto.hu/?lang=en few days after the race where you will be able to order them to have a souvenir of your exploit.
– If you are unable to log in, click on the forgotten password link, enter your Runners ID and we will send a new one to your e-mail address. If the password still doesn’t work, write to us to [email protected] with a request to explore the matter, and we’ll be happy to take a look.
– Everybody registering for the first time on entry.budapestmarathon.com gets a registration number. All your entries will be registered under this number with your name.
-You can use your profile to register yourself as well as someone else onto a race. After selecting a race, select “register on behalf of someone else”. Registration works in the same way as when you register yourself. If the person in question already has a Runners ID, all you need to do is enter his ID and follow the step-by-step instructions. If s/he doesn’t have a Runners ID, you can register him/her.
-The procedure is identical as when registering yourself or registering on behalf of someone else (see above). Always register using your own profile even if you’re not running. As such you will get to see an overview of orders on your profile. The only person able to change the names of participants or order of relay runners is the person who created the order.
– please check our cancellation policy on this link below: https://halfmarathon.runinbudapest.com/cancellation-policy/
-You can find the results on http://runinbudapest.com/ after the race.
-The official time refers to the times starting from hearing the gunshot. The real time is the time from crossing the start and finish lines. Split-times and real times are provided as extra information. The ranking is determined by the order of runners crossing the finish line i.e. according to the official time.
– The route is fairly flat with some light ascending bridges in the heart of the city and along the river Danube.
– We accept entries from runners who were born before the10th of September 2005 (12 years)
– please check your SPAM e-mails first! If you don’t find it, please send an e-mail to [email protected], we will send you a new confirmation letter.
– You can choose between 2 options: we credit the entry fee to your account at our database and you can use it until the end of the following year, or you can send us your bank details and we can transfer you your money. Please write us to [email protected] indicating your choice!