37ᵀᴴ Wizz Air Budapest Half Marathon – RACE INFO
BSI reserves the right to change the route, program, and the date of the event.
The growing popularity of running a marathon is undeniable. If you’re a relatively new runner, running the half marathon is the first big stepping stone.
The distance is long enough to become very proud when reaching the finish line, but not long enough to not see the end. Run a half marathon in Budapest, on a beautiful route with ten thousands of runners! This is a sightseeing running tour event: world heritage sites along the course, bridges across the Danube, Gellért Hill, Buda Castle, the Parliament of Budapest, Margaret Island, and a lot more. International field, unforgettable experience!
|DATE: 8:00 a.m., September 11, 2022|
|DISTANCE: 21 097,5 m|
|LOCATION OF THE START/FINISH: Pázmány Péter sétány, Budapest, 1117 – in front of the Eötvös Lóránd University (ELTE) Lágymányosi Campus|
COURSE SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The course runs through the heart of Budapest, crosses several bridges, and passes the most well-known sites of the city.
Kilometers achieved: Each kilometer is marked on the route with a sign placed 2 meters high. This will allow you to check your pace to complete the distance at the pace you have planned and prepared for.
CLICK HERE for prices and deadlines!
BSI reserves the right to introduce an entry limit at any time prior to the race.
By race day, registrants for this event must be 12 or older (born before September 12, 2010).
The registration fee includes:
- participation in the race
- BIB number
- a unique technical T-shirt with the race logo
- with a size scale of S-XXL for women
- with a size scale of XS-XXL for men
- a unique finisher’s medal for finishers
- refreshment points along the course
- finisher’s goodie bag
- medical service
- course closed to traffic
- chip timing
- other programs before and after the race
- 21.26% VAT
Online registration (in advance):
Register online at entry.runinbudapest.com until 23:59 on September 6, 2022 (if the limit has not been reached for the race).
Click here for prices and further details.
After successful payment, please send your request for the invoice via email, when the registration has been closed. The invoice will be sent to you via email in .pdf format.
If the limit has not been reached, registration is also possible on-site at the race center on race day.
Please note that there is no on-site registration for wheelchair and handbike racers!
|Date of birth||Age group||Men||Women|
|2006. 09. 12. – 2010. 09. 11.||12-15 y||M12||W12|
|2004. 09. 12. – 2006. 09. 11.||16-17 y||M16||W16|
|2002. 09. 12. – 2004. 09. 11.||18-19 y||M18||W18|
|1997. 09. 12. – 2002. 09. 11.||20-24 y||M20||W20|
|1992. 09. 12. – 1997. 09. 11.||25-29 y||M25||W25|
|1987. 09. 12. – 1992. 09. 11.||30-34 y||M30||W30|
|1982. 09. 12. – 1987. 09. 11.||35-39 y||M35||W35|
|1977. 09. 12. – 1982. 09. 11.||40-44 y||M40||W40|
|1972. 09. 12. – 1977. 09. 11.||45-49 y||M45||W45|
|1967. 09. 12. – 1972. 09. 11.||50-54 y||M50||W50|
|1962. 09. 12. – 1967. 09. 11.||55-59 y||M55||W55|
|1957. 09. 12. – 1962. 09. 11.||60-64 y||M60||W60|
|1952. 09. 12. – 1957. 09. 11.||65-69 y||M65||W65|
|1947. 09. 12. – 1952. 09. 11.||70-74 y||M70||W70|
|1942. 09. 12. – 1947. 09. 11.||75-79 y||M75||W75|
|Born before 1942. 09. 12.||80 y or older||M80||W80|
The above categories are also the categories of the amateur national championship for Hungarian competitors.
The announcement of the results will take place only at a later time and place, taking into account the time results of the Hungarian competitors, of which we will notify all the competitors concerned.
In determining the amateur championship ranking, in the adult categories (M12-M30, W12-W30) only the results of amateur runners (those runners who did not start in 2021, 2022 half marathon national championship) are taken into account.
For entries submitted by July 31, the first name will be automatically displayed on the bib below the bib number. If the runner does not want to display a name on his/her bib number, it must be indicated:
– in case of online registration, please enter the following text “I DO NOT REQUIRE A NAME ON THE BIB” in the caption that will appear on the bib.
– in case of registration in-person, please enter the following text “I DO NOT REQUIRE A NAME ON THE BIB” on the entry form.
It is possible to place a nickname on the bib instead of the first name, but with nicknames up to only 12 characters.
This request must be indicated when submitting the entry, as the first name will be added automatically only. We are unable to display image characters or emojis. Below the bib number, space will be left for later entrants to write their names on.
CLICK HERE to see the start list of the runners registered already.
- Please wear your race number on the front and make sure that it is clearly visible at all times and don’t fold it! Make sure you put your race number on your T-shirt properly with the safety pins which can be found in your race packet and also on the registration tables. Improper wear might result in a 10-minute time penalty.
- Participation in the event is open to any properly trained runner or wheelchair racer who has agreed to the standard terms and conditions.
- Participants with a wheelchair or handbike can start from the beginning of the field if they complete the distance on their own. They can start 1 minute before the field led by motorbike drivers. Leaving the field will be possible only from a point on the course that will be determined later.
- When you use earphones, you are unable to hear noises from outside, so you might obstruct a runner who is trying to pass you or race marshals or members of the medical team. It is not recommended to use it in both ears.
- Among the runners, there will be race organizers on bikes and motorbikes, and also ambulances if needed.
- Participants are not permitted to roller-skate, bike, run without a race number, or run with a dog. Those attempting to run accompanied by someone on a bicycle or on roller-skates can be disqualified.
- Arrive on time. We recommend you to arrive at the Race Center at least 1.5-2 hours before the start
- Any commercial or promotional activity should be permitted by BSI in advance, in a manner determined by BSI.
- BSI reserves the right to limit the number of participants and close registration at any time.
- BSI reserves the right to change the route, the program, and the date of the event.
RACE DAY INFORMATION
Pázmány Péter sétány, Budapest, 1117 – in front of the Eötvös Lóránd University (ELTE) Lágymányosi Campus
2022. szeptember 11. vasárnap
8:00 am – START – 37th Wizz Air Budapest Half Marathon
8:00 am – START – KOMETA Half MarathonRelay for 2
8:00 am – START – Half Marathon Relay for 3
12:00 am – START – Manna ABC 10 km
2:00 pm – START – Fun Run 2,3 km
ARRIVE ON TIME – We recommend you to arrive at the Race Center at least 1.5-2 hours before the start
- Be prepared that buses may be crowded. Therefore, give yourself more time to arrive at the Race Center than usually
- See the timetable of BKK (Centre for Budapest Transport)
- If you stay up to 3 days in Budapest, we recommend that you buy a 3-day city ticket
- From Kelenföld Railway Station: take the metro line M4 in the direction of Keleti Railway Station. Get off at Móricz Zsigmond körtér (the 3rd stop from Kelenföld). Then take the tram 6 to Petőfi híd budai hídfő (2 stops). From here, walk through Pázmány Péter sétány, and you will reach the Race Center in 600 m.
- From Keleti Railway Station: take the metro line M4 in the direction of Kelenföld Railway Station. Get off at Móricz Zsigmond körtér (the sixth stop from Keleti). Then take the tram 6 to Petőfi híd budai hídfő (2 stops). From here, walk through Pázmány Péter sétány, and you will reach the Race Center in 600 m.
- From Nyugati Railway Station: take the tram 4 or tram 6 to Petőfi híd budai hídfő (10 stops) in the direction of Újbuda-Központ (in case of tram 4) or in the direction of Móricz Zsigmond körtér (in the case of tram 6). Get off at Petőfi híd budai hídfő and walk through Pázmány Péter sétány, and you will reach the Race Center in 600 m.
ARRIVE BY BIKE
Supervised bicycle storage will be operating on race day.
- Pay parking in the parking lot of Kopaszi gát – race center is only 800 m away from the parking lot
- Free parking is available in the parking lot of Lurdy Ház – the race center can be approached by Tram 1 or replacement bus. Get off at “Info Park” (2 stops), then go straight ahead 500 m to reach the race center.
- PLEASE ABIDE BY THE PARKING RULES – do not park in locations that are not permitted
The Race Center will be located in the ‘North Building’ of Eötvös Lóránd University (ELTE) Lágymányosi Campus.
Address: Pázmány Péter sétátny. 1/A, H-1117 Budapest
The information about BIB PICK-UP will be updated later!
- For men: changing rooms will be available in the building ‘ELTE Lágymányosi Campus – Déli tömb’ before and after the race. The entrance is from the side closer to the Danube.
- For women: changing rooms will be available in the same building ‘ELTE Lágymányosi Campus – Déli tömb’ before and after the race, but the entrance is from the side farther to the Danube.
Luggage storage tents will be available behind the building ‘ELTE Lágymányosi Campus – Déli tömb’, on the grass area.
We mark the luggage storage with green color “RUHATÁR” boards.
Tear the baggage tag off the bib number and attach it to your bag ensuring it is firmly in place and will not drop off. Please deposit your bag in the tent that corresponds to your bib number – you will not need the staff to take your luggage from you, you can put it there. After the race, you will be able to pick up your luggage from the staff according to your bib number.
- Baggage drop-off: between 06:00-7:30
- Baggage pick-up: between 9:15-11:30
Attention! We don’t guard valuables in the luggage storage!
Supervised bicycle storage will be operating on-site, near the luggage store tents.
- Find toilets in the changing rooms located in the building ‘ELTE Lágymányosi Campus – Déli tömb’.
- There will be portable toilets and urinals near the changing rooms, in the start/finish area and on the course at all refreshment and relay exchange stations.
Please fill in the emergency section on the back of your bib. Do not forget to mention if you have taken any medication before the race!
- During the race, medical services are available in the medical area beside the finish line.
- If you see someone collapsing along the course please notify the race organizers posted at each kilometer sign or at the refreshment stations.
- At the back of each bib, you can find the phone number of the medical team.
In order to avoid overcrowding, runners will be started in 3 waves according to the planned pace the runners have given during registration and which is also indicated with a sticker on the bib number. Runners must start from the starting zone that’s indicated on their bib number.
The Starting Zones will be opened 20 minutes before the start and closed 5 minutes before. Afterward, runners have to start from the back of the field.
- 1st wave:
- 1st time zone: pace under 4:30 min/km (21K under 1 hour 35 minutes)
- 2nd time zone: pace between 4:30 and 5:00 min/km (21K between 1 hour 35 minutes and 1 hour 45 minutes)
- 2nd wave:
- 3rd time zone: pace between 5:00 and 5:30 min/km (21K between 1 hour 45 minutes and 1 hour 56 minutes)
- 3rd time zone: pace between 5:00 and 5:30 min/km (21K between 1 hour 45 minutes and 1 hour 56 minutes)
- 3rd wave:
- 4th time zone: pace between 5:30 and 6:00 min/km (21K between 1 hour 56 minutes and 2 hours 6 minutes)
- 4th wave:
- 5th zone: pace between 6:00 min/km and 6:30 min/km (21K between 2 hours 6 minutes and 2 hours 17 minutes)
- 6th zone: pace more than 6:30 min/km (21K in more than 2 hours 17 minutes)
How to get to your starting zone:
- Time zone 1, 2, 3: from the main entrance of the building ‘ELTE Lágymányosi Campus – “Északi tömb”
- Time zone 4, 5, 6: from Petőfi bridge
- At the beginning of the field, there will be Race organizers standing and will lead the field to the start line.
- Waves will be started in 1.5-2 minutes once they are led to the start line
If you think you won’t be able to run at a predetermined speed, several pace runners aiming for different goal times and paces can help you realize your goals.
We choose all of our pace runners very carefully, all of them are experienced runners and they are able to surpass their own interests and do everything for the runners who are following them and trust them. They think instead of the runners, check the time regularly and encourage others.
Look for them in the starting zones. You can always spot them from afar by the beach flags on their back (with their goal race pace and goal finish time). Find the pace that best suits you:
Wizz Air Budapest Half Marathon Running Pace Charts:
- 1 hour 30 minutes finish time (4:14-4:15 min/km planned pace). See the pace chart.
- 1 hour 45 minutes finish time (4:58-4:59 min/km planned pace). See the pace chart.
- 2 hours finish time (5:38-5:44 min/km planned pace). See the pace chart.
- 2 hours 15 minutes finish time (6:18-6:30 min/km planned pace). See the pace chart.
- 2 hours 30 minutes finish time (7:00-7:10 min/km planned pace). See the pace chart.
- 2 hours 45 minutes finish time (7:38-7:56 min/km planned pace). See the pace chart.
- 3 hours (8:26-8:38 min/km planned pace)
- There will be refreshment stations set up around every 4-5 km along the way.
- We cannot provide individual refreshment.
- There will be refreshment with water at the start and finish area
- The exact location and supply of the refreshment stations will be published after the 2022 course is finalised.
Timelimit is 3 hours net time according to the start time of the last runner.
A sweep bus follows the runners at the pace of the 3-hours pace runner. If you are passed by the sweep bus, you have to get on the bus, your bib number will be crossed and you are not allowed to enter the finish area.
The UHF chip will be located at the back of your bib number.
Consequently, it is essential that you wear your own bib correctly: well visibly on your chest without folding it.
Failure to do so may result in a 10-minute time penalty.
Bib number rules
Time measurement is done with the help of timing mats (antennas) placed on the ground, that detects the transmitter placed in the bib number from a distance of about 2-3 meters. Time-stamping occurs at a strong signal only (when passing over the carpet).
For a successful time measurement, please abide by the following rules:
- The bib number must be worn visibly throughout the race, around the abdomen/chest. Bib number holding belt is allowed and recommended!
- The bib number must not be hidden or folded.
- The chip on the back of the bib number should not be removed, folded, or punctured with the safety pin.
- Make sure to wear your own bib number during the race.
- Once arriving at the finish line, please leave the measuring point as soon as possible.
- Prizes will be issued to the top 3 male and female individuals.
- The results are announced based on the order of arrival at the finish line (gross time). The result list on the website (based on net time) may include a different ranking.
- 1st-3rd placed wheelchair and handbike male and female riders will be awarded with a material gift
The best Hungarian Half Marathon results so far:
- male: 1:02:22 – Zoltán Kadlót – 1996. Belgrade
- female: 1:08:58 – Anikó Kálovics – 2007. Milan
AFTER RACE INFORMATION
A list of results will be published online in real-time and will be updated as runners cross the finish line.
Runners who do not have time at one of the checkpoints along the course will not be given a rank.
Those who received a 10-minute penalty will be marked with an asterisk.
Order your medal insert engraved with your name and your result!
By doing this you can skip the long queues and you don’t have to bother with cash. Buy it online and after the event, we will send you the medal insert engraved with your name and time that fits neatly into the back of your finisher medal.
We will engrave your name and time on a small stick-on metal card and send it to your postal address. When you get it you can easily stick it onto the back of your medal and your personalized medal is ready!
The medal insert can be ordered prior to the race online at the entry.budapestmarathon.com website.
The personal medal insert can only be ordered for those with an individual result.
PRICE: (+shipping and handling to a foreign address): 12 €.
Deadline: September 18, 2022
WE WISH YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME!