This is preliminary race info. Year specific details, such as opening times and locations, will be posted 2 weeks before the race.
BSI reserves the right to change the route, program, and date of the event.
September 9, 2018
To be announced later
Wizz Air Budapest Half Marathon: 21.097,5 m
Wizz Air Budapest Half Marathon Relay for 2: 21.097,5 m in two sections run by two runners
Wizz Air Budapest Half Marathon Relay for 3: 21.097,5 m in three sections run by three runners
Wizz Air Fun Run: around 3000 m
The length of each section of the relay races will be published after the course has been measured and certified.
Wheelchair and handbike racers can start ahead of the field but they have to consult with the race organizers in advance about passing the lead car.
The course runs through the heart of Budapest, crosses several bridges and passes the most well-known sites of the city.
The Fun Run runs in the City Park.
The exact course changes every year, however you can take a look at the course of the previous edition here.
To be announced later
In the race center starting on Friday until 30 minutes before the start.
You must have your registration confirmation with you to pick up your bib, either printed or the e-mail on your phone. To collect the bib of another runner you must show his/her registration confirmation.
Participants running their first half marathon are entitled to wear another bib on their back with „MY FIRST HALF MARATHON” will be written on it.
If you indicated in the registry form that this would be your first half marathon, you will get this race number automatically when picking up your race number. If you didn’t indicate it when registering for the event, you can ask for it at the problem solving table in the race center.
Facilities will be open before and after the race. Showers are also available on location for individual half marathon runners.
Additionally, there will be changing rooms at the relay exchange stations.
In tents at the start/finish area. It can be used with the baggage tag attached to your bib.
Attention! We don’t guard valuables in the cloakroom!
There will be no cloakroom at the relay exchange stations.
There will be a monitored bike rack at the site of the race.
There will be portable toilets and urinals for men near the race center, at the start/finish area, at each refreshment and relay exchange station.
There will be refreshment stations set up around ever 4-5 km along the way.
Next to water they serve other drinks and snacks to help your run, such as iso-drinks, banana, and glucose.
Fun Run runners may refresh with water at the start and finish line.
There will be pace runners who will help you achieve your goal time and guide you to the finish line.
Wizz Air Budapest Half Marathon planned finish times:
- 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 hour 45 minutes
- 2 hours
- 2 hours 15 minutes
- 2 hours 30 minutes
In advance: online at entry.budapestmarathon.com until 17:00 on September 4, 2018. – Click here for prices and further details.
On-site: If the limit has not been reached registration is also possible on-site at the race center.
There is no on-site registration for wheelchair and handbike racers!
The registration fee includes:
- participation in the race
- race number
- a unique technical T-shirt with the race logo (not included for Fun Run)
- a unique finisher’s medal for finishers (not included for Fun Run)
- finisher’s bag
- medical service
- course closed to traffic
- chip timing (not included for Fun Run)
- other programs before and after the race
- 21.26% VAT
BSI reserves the right to introduce an entry limit at any time prior the race.
Wizz Air Budapest Half Marathon and Relays time limit
2 hours 30 minutes net time
A sweep bus follows the runners at a steady 7 min 10 sec/km pace. If the last runner of the field is running faster than that, then the sweep bus is following him/her. If you are passed by the sweep bus, you have to get on the bus, your race number will be crossed and you are not allowed to enter the finish area.
Wizz Air Budapest Half Marathon and Relays age requirement
By race day, registrants for this event must be 12 or older (born before September 9, 2006).
Order your medal insert engraved with your name and your result!
By doing this you can skip the long queues and you don’t have to bother with cash. Buy it online and after the event we will send you the medal insert engraved with your name and time that fits neatly into the back of your finisher medal.
We will engrave your name and time on a small stick-on metal card and send it to your postal address. When you get it you can easily stick it onto the back of your medal and your personalized medal is ready!
The medal insert can be ordered prior the race online at the entry.budapestmarathon.com website.
The personal medal insert can only be ordered for those with an individual result.
The price of the medal insert with shipping and handling (to a foreign address) is 6€.
Deadline: September 16, 2018
The UHF chip will be located at the back of your bib number.
Consequently, it is essential that you wear your own bib correctly: well visibly on your chest without folding it.
Failure to do so may result in 10-minute time penalty.
Prizes will be issued to the top 3 male and female individuals and teams.
A list of results will be published online real time, the lists are being updated while runners are crossing the finish line.
Runners who do not have a time at one of the check points along the course will not be given a rank.
Those who received a 10-minute penalty will be marked with an asterisk.
During the race medical services are available at the medical area beside the finish line.
If you see someone collapsing along the course please notify the race organizers posted at each kilometer sign or at the refreshment stations.
At the back of each bib you can find the phone number of the medical team.
Fill in the emergency section on the back of your bib. Do not forget to mention if you have taken any medication before the race!
- Please wear your race number on the front and make sure that it is clearly visible at all times and don’t fold it! Make sure you put your race number on your T-shirt properly with the safety pins which can be found in your race packet and also on the registration tables. Improper wear might result in a 10-minute time penalty.
- Participation in the event is open to any properly trained runner or wheelchair racer who has agreed to the standard terms and conditions.
- When you use earphones, you are unable to hear noises from outside, so you might obstruct a runner who is trying to pass you or race marshals or members of the medical team. It is NOT PERMITTED to listen to MP3 players or any other devices plugged into both ears. Anyone breaking the rules can get a 10-minute time penalty.
- Among the runners there will be race organizers on bikes and motorbikes, and also ambulances if needed.
- Participants are not permitted to roller-skate, bike, run without a race number, or run with a dog. Those attempting to run accompanied by someone on a bicycle or on roller-skates can be disqualified.
- Any commercial or promotional activity should be permitted by BSI in advance, in a manner determined by BSI.
- BSI reserves the right to limit the number of participants and close registration at any time.
- BSI reserves the right to change the route,the program and the date of the event.